Sorry, this job has expired.
Carmel Manor has completed our expansion and renovation and we need more staff to work in our brand new facilities! We are now looking to hire a Nurse to work the night shift.
Under the direction of the Charge Nurse you will assist in providing professional nursing care to residents as determined by qualifications and training.
• Maintain philosophy of care and nursing standards within assigned unit.
• Administer medications and carry out treatment orders.
• Report observations of resident conditions to supervisor.
• Maintain adequate, accurate clinical records and complete required forms if resident is being transferred.
• Provide treatment using therapeutic equipment.
• Take temperature, pulse, respiration rate, blood pressure, and heart rate to detect deviations from normal.
• Record nursing needs of residents on nursing care plan.
• Provide clinical supervision of nursing assistants providing direct resident care.
• Counsel nurse aide and recommend disciplinary action, when necessary, to the Director of Nursing.
• Prepare nurse aide assignments and explain pertinent resident care.
• Notify physician, when necessary, of changes in residents conditions, weight, medication errors, medication not available, abnormal x-rays/laboratory results and any other unusual observations.
• Participate in resident care conference as scheduled.
• Conduct resident rounds daily, reporting problems to nursing supervisor and initiating corrective action.
• Identify resident problems and emergency situations, and initiate immediate “life-saving” measures.
• Follow staffing guidelines and make assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of resident population.
• Perform and document comprehensive assessment of resident.
• Supervise response to residents calls for assistance.
• Count narcotics, check emergency kit and exchange keys with oncoming nurses.
• Provide report to oncoming nurse, including sufficient information for follow-up action if necessary.
• Identify hazards and initiate corrective action immediately.
• Interpret existing policies and procedures to nurse aides, restorative nurse aides, residents, families, and physicians.
• Document resident care provided and resident’s response or lack of response to care provided.
• Follow facility admission procedure and communicate resident admission to other departments, physicians and ancillary service providers.
• Order medication as necessary.
• Document progress notes as assigned.
• Document daily notes on unstable residents, Medicare residents, and recently admitted residents.
• Observe infection control procedures.
• Participate in the employee evaluation process of nursing assistants.
• Supervise and evaluate all direct resident care and initiate corrective action as necessary.
• Requisition supplies, equipment, and linens to meet unit needs.
Our intent is to provide residents with high quality care and to staff Carmel Manor with qualified, productive employees. Our belief is the quality of operation can be maintained by the combination of religious and lay persons committed to the goals of the Christian Community. In providing Compassionate Care, the Carmelite Sisters and all those persons complementing their ministry are accountable to strive for excellence in performance and adherence to professional and regulatory standards.
Click "Apply now" for immediate consideration!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.