Sorry, this job has expired.
CNA NURSE AIDE
Under general supervision of the Charge Nurse, RN or LPN. Performs resident care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the residents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answers signal lights and bells promptly to determine resident needs.
• Bathes, dresses and/or undresses residents and assists with personal hygiene to increase their comfort and well-being.
• Sees that the residents are properly and comfortably clothed at all times.
• Gives shampoos and hair care, removes facial hair of male and female residents, trims nails, assists residents with dental hygiene.
• Serves and collects food trays, checking trays with diet orders before serving. Feeds residents when required.
• Transports residents to and from dining area and may supervise them when in the dining area.
• Encourages residents in self-help measures and activities for personal hygiene.
• Makes beds, changing bed linen daily and whenever soiled and tidies resident rooms.
• Performs personal services for residents within reason such as reading, writing letters for them, operating TV and radio, assisting them with recreational and occupational projects in their rooms, and doing whatever possible that would promote comfort, security and rehabilitation.
• Performs limited nursing procedures as outlined with proper instruction and supervision.
• Transfers residents to and from bed, chair.
• Takes and records vital signs, measures and records intake and output, collects specimens, gives enemas, suppositories, cares for urinary drainage bags, routine skin care and ROM.
• Assists staff nurses in giving treatments and examinations.
• Applies universal precautions in all resident care to prevent spread of disease and infection.
• Performs assigned clerical duties at Nursing Station, answers telephone intercom, runs errands as directed by supervisor and keeps chart and records current.
• Collects and bags soiled linen, stores clean linen.
• Maintains good order of the unit diet kitchen, dining room, TV room, clean and soiled utility rooms, shower rooms.
• Gives and receives report, makes checks with the oncoming shift to see that all residents are clean and cared for.
• Is familiar with fire prevention and safety and participates in fire drills.
• Employs all safety measures necessary for the protection of the residents and self.
• Reports equipment in need of repair to supervisor.
• Participates in in-service programs on a regular basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Currently on a state nurse aide registry or enrolled in a program to become registered. Previous experience in hospital or nursing home preferred. Pleasant personality and good verbal and written communication skills.
Work is heavy. Standing and walking most of the time on duty. Lifting and pushing patients, carts, wheelchairs, equipment. Reaching, handling and fingering equipment and supplies when assisting residents. Accurate reading of gauges and thermometers and recording on residents records.
CLICK APPLY NOW for immediate consideration!