Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
Sorry, this job has expired.
Fort Thomas, KY
Carmel Manor is now hiring CNAs.
As a CNA you will perform resident care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the residents. You will be under the supervision of the Charge Nurse, RN, or LPN.
• Previous experience in hospital or nursing home preferred.
• Must be currently on a state nurse aide registry or enrolled in a program to become registered.
• Answer signal lights and bells promptly to determine resident needs.
• Bathe, dress and/or undress residents and assist with personal hygiene to increase their comfort and well-being.
• See that residents are properly and comfortably clothed at all times.
• Give shampoos and hair care, remove facial hair of male and female residents, trim nails, assist residents with dental hygiene.
• Serve and collect food trays, checking trays with diet orders before serving. Feed residents when required.
• Transport residents to and from dining area and supervise them when in the dining area.
• Encourage residents in self-help measures and activities for personal hygiene.
• Make beds, changing bed linen daily and whenever soiled and tidies resident rooms.
• Perform personal services for residents within reason such as reading, writing letters for them, operating TV and radio, assisting them with recreational and occupational projects in their rooms, and doing whatever possible that would promote comfort, security and rehabilitation.
• Perform limited nursing procedures as outlined with proper instruction and supervision.
• Transfer residents to and from bed and/or chair.
• Take and record vital signs, measure and record intake and output, collect specimens, give enemas and suppositories, care for urinary drainage bags, routine skin care, and ROM.
• Assist staff nurses in giving treatments and examinations.
• Apply universal precautions in all resident care to prevent spread of disease and infection.
• Perform assigned clerical duties at Nursing Station, answer telephone intercom, run errands as directed by supervisor and keep chart and records current.
• Collect and bag soiled linen. Store clean linen.
• Maintain good order of the unit diet kitchen, dining room, TV room, clean and soiled utility rooms, and shower rooms.
• Give and receive report. Make checks with the oncoming shift to see that all residents are clean and cared for.
• Is familiar with fire prevention and safety and participates in fire drills.
• Employ all safety measures necessary for the protection of the residents and self.
• Report equipment in need of repair to supervisor.
• Participate in in-service programs on a regular basis.
• Ability to stand and walk for most of your time on duty.
• Ability to lift and push patients, carts, wheelchairs, equipment.
• Ability to reach, handle, and finger equipment and supplies when assisting residents.
• Ability to accurately read gauges and thermometers and recording on residents' records.
• Pleasant personality and good verbal and written communication skills.
Fill out your information and click "Apply now" for immediate consideration!
Our intent is to provide residents with high quality care and to staff Carmel Manor with qualified, productive employees. Our belief is the quality of operation can be maintained by the combination of religious and lay persons committed to the goals of the Christian Community. In providing Compassionate Care, the Carmelite Sisters and all those persons complementing their ministry are accountable to strive for excellence in performance and adherence to professional and regulatory standards.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.